Healthy Juice Recipes: The Flush-A-Bye-Baby (Good for Cystitis Infections)
The Flush-a-bye-baby is part of our miracle juices collection. It is a natural, homemade healthy juice recipe good for cystitis infections. Also known as the "honeymoon disease", cystitis is a painful urinary infection that causes a burning sensation when passing on urine. The natural treatment for cystitis is to drink as much liquid as possible, particularly juices containing cranberries.
The main ingredients for the “Flush-a-bye-baby” healthy juice recipe are these great fruits:
- Watermelon or Galia Melon
1. Cranberries - What are their benefits?
Cranberries are a type of fruit that usually grows in freshwater bogs. They are mainly found in the US and Southern Canada. Cranberries provide various health benefits, including preventing UTIs (urinary tract infections). And that’s the reason why cranberries are the main ingredient in our Flush-A-Bye-Baby healthy juice recipe.
Cranberries are rarely eaten raw due to their very sour and sharp taste, but on the other hand, they are packed with so many healthy vitamins.
One cup of serving cranberries consists of the following vitamins and nutrients:
- 25% of your daily requirement of vitamin C
- 9% of your daily requirement of vitamin A
- 6% of your daily requirement of vitamin K
- 2% of your daily requirement of potassium
- 1% of your daily requirement of iron and calcium
- 8% of your daily requirement of vitamin E
- 16% of your daily requirement of manganese
- 7% of your daily requirement of copper
- 8% of your daily requirement of B-complex vitamins
Cranberries are also fully packed with these antioxidants:
- Ursolic Acid
- A-type Proanthocyanidins
The Health Benefits of Cranberries
One reason why people call cranberries a superfood is because of the several health benefits that they provide.
Cranberries contain the most antioxidants than any 20 common fruits, with Red Grapes coming second on the list. They are also high in anthocyanins, which give them their deep red hue, and have also been associated with anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects.
For instance, they may also:
- Protect against liver disease
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve eyesight
- Improve cardiovascular health
Our main concern in this article is UTIs (urinary tract infections) and Cystitis. Yes, cranberries help to prevent urinary tract infections. Studies have shown that cranberries can help to diminish the likelihood of a urinary tract infection (UTI) in some people, including children and women who get them often. The high level of antioxidant proanthocyanidins (PACs) found in cranberries may help to prevent certain types of bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract.
2. Watermelon - What are their health benefits?
Watermelon is the second ingredient on the list for the Flus-A-Bye-Baby healthy juice recipe. This fruity drink is healthy, delicious, and fantastic for beating the heat. With lots of water and essential nutrients, it will keep your body cool in our hot summer. It’s sweet and tangy, so it’ll cool you off while quenching your thirst. It is also packed with various healthy nutrients, including antioxidants, and vitamins A and C.
One cup of serving watermelon consist of the following vitamins and nutrients:
- 46 calories
- 11.5g of carbs
- 0.6g fiber
- 9.4g of sugar
- 0.9g of protein
- 0.2g of fats
- 5% of your daily requirement of Vitamin A
- 14% of your daily requirement of Vitamin C
- 4% of your daily requirement of Potassium
- 4% of your daily requirement of Magnesium
The Health Benefits of Watermelon
From an ancient perspective, watermelon was thought to be a cure for many illnesses. Here is a list of the several health benefits that watermelon provides:
- It supports heart health
- It has anti-cancer effects
- It helps to give an energy-boost
- It helps to recover from dehydration
- It is good for kidney stone
- It helps to have a better eyesight
- It is good for blood pressure
- It helps to reduce body fat
- It provides a lot of skin benefits
- It helps to promote hair growth
- It is full of anti-aging properties
Remaining in the context of our article, watermelon can help prevent UTIs (urinary tract infections) and Cystitis. As inflammation is the key to UTIs, the combinations of lycopene, vitamins, and antioxidants found in watermelon can help to lower inflammation and any oxidative damage.
3. Cucumbers - What are their health benefits?
The third on the list for the Flush-A-Bye-Baby healthy juice recipe is cucumber. The cucumber, which is commonly thought of as a vegetable, is actually a fruit. They are from the same family as watermelons and pumpkins, but most people consider them as veggies.
India is the native country of cucumbers. They can be slightly bitter in taste, but however, they are full of healthy nutrients.
One medium of unpeeled raw cucumber consists of the following vitamins and nutrients:
- 30 calories
- 0g of fat
- 6g of carbs
- 3g of proteins
- 2g of fiber
- 10% of your daily requirement of vitamin C
- 57% of your daily requirement of vitamin K
- 9% of your daily requirement of magnesium
- 12% of your daily requirement of potassium
- 9% of your daily requirement of manganese
The Health Benefits of Cucumber
Cucumber has many health benefits, and they are as follow:
- It promotes hydration
- It helps in the process of weight loss
- It helps to lower blood sugar
- It promotes bone health
- It promotes cardiovascular health
- It helps to control diabetes
- It is beneficial to the skin
- It may help to prevent cancer
Cucumber juice has anti-inflammatory properties, and yes cucumber can help to prevent UTIs (urinary tract infections) and Cystitis.
The Flush-a-bye-baby Healthy Juice Recipe
Here is our natural treatment for cystitis infection. It is healthy, easy, and yummy;
For a serving of 200ml (7fl oz) you will need:
- 250g (8 oz) of cranberries
- 250g (8 oz) of watermelon or Galia melon
- 250g (8 oz) of cucumber
Juice all the ingredients including the pips of the melon and the skin of the cucumber. Serve it in a tumbler and decorate it with melon sticks, if liked.
The cucumber in this natural homemade smoothie provides protective antioxidants for the digestive tract and, combined with the melon and cranberries, they all act as a diuretic to cleanse the intestinal system.
The nutritional value of the Flush-A-Bye-Baby healthy juice recipe is as follows:
- 8,475 IU of vitamin A
- 120mg of vitamin C
- 880mg of potassium
- 4.7mg of iron
- 92.5mg of calcium
- 232 calories.
Do give this amazingly healthy drink a try, especially if you are suffering from a cystitis infection. Come back and leave us a comment below. We would love to hear your feedback :)
If you want are curious about cystitis infections. For a comprehensive guide, click here.
What's Your Reaction?